The Mayo Hotel is a 250,000 square feet historic building located in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was originally constructed in 1925 and was designed by architect George Winkler. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Abandoned for 30 years, the Mayo Hotel seemed destined for demolition until June 2001, when the Snyder family purchased it and began renovation. The hotel portion of the building contains 102 rooms and the seven upper floors contain 70 loft apartments. The Mayo Hotel is also a popular venue for galas, proms, reptions and meetings.